Home > Tourism > Touristic Attractions > Churches
San Diego Church
The building of the temple and convent began in 1651; its initial occupants, the barefoot Carmelites had to get out the year after by disposition of their superiors. The order of the barefoot monks of the Franciscan province of San Diego of Mexico, occupied the property in 1664.

The room of the Virgin of the Purisima Concepción is worth a special mention as it is a figure that is venerated on the main altar. It is an exquisite chapel at the back of the main altar of the temple of San Diego. The work began in 1792 and concluded 5 years later. The small room is a circular space topped by a large dome that changes the appearance of the picture.
® All Rights Reserved - Aguascalientes State Government 2010 - 2016 About the Web Site l Frequently Asked Questions Tel. (052) 01 800 900 2002