Home > Tourism > Touristic Attractions > Museums

Aguascalientes Museum
 

Used to be known as “Escuela Normal del Estado” (State School for Teaching), was built in 1903 and it was rebuild and enlarged from 1915 to 1916 by José Refugio Reyes; of neo classical style, outstands a portico made out of groove capital compounds columns.

The interior is composed of two yards; the first yard has carved columns; and the second yard has central quarry fountains work of José Refugio Reyes Rivas. It has capita columns and arcs.

Due to the IV centenary of the foundation of the city, in October of 1975 the state open the museum in this edification after being condition for this use. The reason to turn this place into a museum was to recognize the work of the most outstanding plastic artists of Aguascalientes. This way it is possible to admire some of the most beautiful sculptures of Jesús F. Contreras. Specially the "Malgre Tout" (After all..) reproduced in plastic materials and its original it is in the Alameda in Mexico city. This work was internationally awarded in Paris France ; the name of the sculpture was given to it, due to the amputation of the right arm of the artist. Consequence to an infection before finishing its master piece. There are also exhibitions from the work of Francisco Díaz de León; paintings by Gabriel Fernández Ledezma and the work of Saturnino Herrán “El más pintor de los mexicanos y más mexicano de los pintores“(“the most painter of the Mexican and the most Mexican of the painters“). there are temporal contemporarily painting and sculpture exhibitions all year long.
   
 Tourism
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
® All Rights Reserved - Aguascalientes State Government 2010 - 2016 About the Web Site l Frequently Asked Questions Tel. (052) 01 800 900 2002