The hacienda of El Soyatal had its golden age during the 19th century and in the early 20th century, with the basic grain production being its main activities and to a lesser extent livestock farming. It counted almost 7 thousands hectares and about 600 inhabitants in the last part of the 19th century.
The most attractive pieces of the place are the great house and the temple, both work of the architect Refugio Reyes. In the early 20th century, the house was one of the most beautiful of the state, beauty that you can admire besides its.
The great house of this hacienda has a sober façade that contrasts with the good taste of the ornaments and architectural details of the interiors that are remainders of its glorious past.
The last owner that lived at least temporarily in the hacienda was Carlos Arellano Valle, who because of quarrels with the local people, and due to the agrarian affectation, left abandoned the place by 1939 and since then and up to day, the property deteriorated inexorably. Many years ago its installations were used as a rural school for the children of the village and of the neighborhood, which accelerated its destruction.
The temple of Santa Cruz of the Soyatal was built on order of the owner Luis Valadez, at the end of the 19th century (1897), whose remains rest since 1909 in a part of the place. On the main altar is beautiful picture of the sacred heart of Jesus, and that's why the fiesta of the place is celebrated in June.