Home > Tourism > Touristic Attractions > Exhaciendas
 
Hacienda El Niágara      Public Restricted Access
 
The ranch El Niagara belonged to the lands of the hacienda of the Cantera, but because of its great extension and productivity, the people came to consider it as a hacienda. In 1879 it was the property of the French Michel Thel, who associated his compatriot Henri Farjou to dismantle the ranch and open the land to work; the same year he builds his own mill, inaugurated in September 1881.

A year later is built the Dam of El Niagara, which was destroyed in 1885 due to a too powerful stream of water. The ranch El Niagara, as well as the San Cayetano, lies now below the waters of the Dam El Niagara after were enlarged its curtain and its capacity as part of the program of agrarian works of the state. The two columns that formed once the access to this ranch can still be seen when the water level is low enough.
 
 
   
 Tourism
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
® All Rights Reserved - Aguascalientes State Government 2010 - 2016 About the Web Site l Frequently Asked Questions Tel. (052) 01 800 900 2002