It is located in the south part of Plaza Patria, next to the government palace. It was built in 1700 and a façade neoclassical style with two levels.
On the first level, the central pillars present semi-detached columns, with ionic capital. On the second level, it is a continuous balcony with rectangular windows. To the sides there are doors and windows with frames of quarry stone; the windows with balconies and the doors with curved pediment. On the top of the façade is broken pediment, below which it is written "Palacio Municipal", and above a high relief of an eagle devouring a snake. On the back side of the building is another high relief with the coat of arms of Aguascalientes. In the first patio is a fountain of quarry stone with a circular parapet and a double stairway to get access to the second floor.
It has a room for temporary expositions, where exposed photos and objects are allusive to the topic of each exposition; Aguascalientes’ fair in the 19th century and the Mexican revolution has been the subjects of such expositions.